Severe weather outbreak for US south
A severe weather outbreak is expected to impact a wide area of the southern US today, from Texas to South Carolina.
According to the Storm Prediction Center’s outlook for April 19, 2020, the outbreak is expected across:
much of the Deep South through tonight, with the greatest threat from some of east Texas and the Delta region eastward over parts of Alabama and Georgia. Multiple episodes of thunderstorms will result in tornadoes (some strong), damaging wind and large hail.
Assessing the impact
EigenPrism users can access the following quick links to immediately overlay the event footprints on their exposure:
- WPC Day 1 Excessive Rainfall Outlook – as of 04-19-2020
- Significant Hail Outlook – as of 04-19-2020
- Significant Tornado Outlook – as of 04-19-2020
- Significant Wind Outlook – as of 04-19-2020
EigenAlerts provide automated notifications via email and text message with key metrics to estimate impact:
- Customized and mobile enabled
- Updated as forecasts and advisories change
Not a subscriber, but want to see how this works? Contact us for your free trial; and we’ll show you how EigenPrism helps you plan, monitor and respond to nat cat events.