Tropical Storm Isaias aiming for South Florida
Storm Activity: 7/28/2020 – 7/30/2020
Post-Tropical Cyclone Nine intensified into Tropical Storm Isaias, late Wednesday night, and became the ninth named storm of 2020 Atlantic hurricane season. The system is expected to continue moving northwest until it reaches Florida, where a turn north is anticipated.
Tropical storm Isaias is expected to produce heavy rains, flash floods and mudslides across the northern Leeward Islands, the Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic. Also, this system could bring rainfall and wind impacts to portions of Cuba, the Bahamas, and Florida by the end of the week. Heavy rains associated with Isaias may begin to affect South Florida Saturday morning, potentially resulting in isolated flash and urban flooding. These impacts are expected to reach the Carolinas and southern mid-Atlantic states early next week.
The National Hurricane Center’s Forecast Discussion notes that uncertainty exists for both the track and intensity forecasts:
Due to Isaias interacting with Hispaniola, the details of the track and intensity forecast remain uncertain and it is too soon to determine the magnitude and location of these potential impacts. Interests in these areas should monitor the progress of Isaias and updates to the forecast. Tropical storm or hurricane watches could be issued for portions of South Florida later today.NHC Forecast Discussion, 11:00 am July 30, 2020
Follow the quick links to assess the impact in EigenPrism:
- Tropical storm wind swath – advisory 7A as of 07-30-2020
- Tropical Storm Isaias 5-day Forecast Max Winds: as of 07-30-2020
- Tropical-Storm-Force (>34 kt) Wind Probabilities: from 2020-07-30 to 2020-08-04
EigenPrism users can also open the impact report for each event to see all quick links in one report:
- Open the impact summary report – SAMPLE Tropical Storm Isaias Forecast Impact Summary
- or, search for the “SAMPLE [Storm Name] 2020 Forecast Impact Summary” on the EigenPrism home page
- then click Manage > Copy to select your workspace and save with your own exposure
Please note, as report templates are frequently updated, you can refresh the report by changing the Analysis Date. See instructions here.
Don’t have access to EigenPrism?
Sign up for a trial account and access full impact reports of all events. Contact us and we’ll set up a trial account for you.
More on event news:
- HURRICANE HANNA
- HURRICANE DOUGLAS AND TS GONZALO
- M 7.8 EARTHQUAKE IN ALASKA
- TROPICAL STORM FAY MOVING INTO NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK
- COVID-19 FORECAST– (COVID-19 data now available monthly.)