Dorian update 8/28 (quick links)
Tropical storm Dorian is forecast to be near hurricane strength when it nears the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico today. The center of the storm is expected to pass over or near this region.
On Thursday, Dorian is expected to pass to the east of the Turks and Caicos and southeastern Bahamas, and near or to the east of the central and northwestern Bahamas on Friday and Saturday.
EigenPrism users can access the following as of 8/28:
- Quick Link – for tropical storm force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours
- Quick Link – for hurricane force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours
- Quick Link – forecast wind swath (Advisory 16A)
- Quick Link – 5-day forecast maximum winds
Assessing the impact
EigenAlerts provide automated notifications via email and text message with key metrics to estimate impact:
- Customized and mobile enabled
- Updated as forecasts and advisories change
Contact us if you want to use EigenAlerts immediately; you can be up and running in a day if you have data in standard cat model or spreadsheet format.
Arrange a live demo
Not a subscriber, but want to see how this works? Contact us and we’ll set up a live demo to show you how EigenPrism helps you plan, monitor and respond to nat cat events.