Hurricane Dorian quick links – September 5
Update – today’s quick links are shown below.
Hurricane Dorian is moving east near the coast of South Carolina today, and is forecast to reach North Carolina later today/tonight, followed by extra-tropical transition as it moves towards the Canadian Maritimes. Hurricane force winds are expected to continue, along with dangerous storm surge and heavy rainfall.
Quick links – shown below – provide EigenPrism users with direct, one-click access to the footprints as of today’s date. These links are time-dependent, please check the Event News section of the EigenPrism home page for daily updates.
- Quick Link – for tropical storm force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours as of 9/05
- Quick Link – for hurricane force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours as of 9/05
- Quick Link – forecast wind swath (Advisory 48A)
- Quick Link – 5-day forecast maximum winds as of 9/05
- Quick Link – Day 2 excessive rainfall outlook valid from 9/ – 9/
- Quick Link – NHC potential storm surge flooding map (Advisory 48)
To speed analysis, the automated forecast Impact Summary report template provides the above footprints in a report ready to be shared with colleagues and clients. Click the link to generate (or search for Dorian in My Workspace, click to view) then copy and save with your exposure and today’s date.
Assessing the impact
EigenAlerts provide automated notifications via email and text message with key metrics to estimate impact:
- Customized and mobile enabled
- Updated as forecasts and advisories change
Contact us if you want to use EigenAlerts immediately; you can be up and running in a day if you have data in standard cat model or spreadsheet format.
Not a subscriber, but want to see how this works? Contact us and we’ll set up a free trial to show you how EigenPrism helps you plan, monitor and respond to nat cat events.