Hurricane Dorian quick links – September 1
Update – NHC potential storm surge flooding map now available in EigenPrism (quick link provided below)
Hurricane Dorian, now a category 5 storm, is moving over the Abaco Islands in the northern Bahamas this morning with maximum sustained winds near 175 mph, and storm surge 10-15 feet above normal tide levels.
A portion of the east coast of Florida is under tropical storm warning, and the risk for Georgia and the Carolinas of dangerous winds and storm surge later this week is increasing.
Quick links – shown below – provide EigenPrism users with direct, one-click access to the footprints as of today’s date. These links are time-dependent, please check the Event News section of the EigenPrism home page for daily updates.
- Quick Link – for tropical storm force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours as of 9/01
- Quick Link – for hurricane force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours as of 9/01
- Quick Link – forecast wind swath (Advisory 32A)
- Quick Link – 5-day forecast maximum winds as of 9/01
- Quick Link – Day 3 excessive rainfall outlook valid from 9/03 – 9/04
- Quick Link – NHC potential storm surge flooding map (Advisory 33)
To speed analysis, the EigenProfile module contains an automated forecast Impact Summary report template – simply search for Dorian in My Workspace, click to view, then copy and save with your exposure and today’s date.
Assessing the impact
EigenAlerts provide automated notifications via email and text message with key metrics to estimate impact:
- Customized and mobile enabled
- Updated as forecasts and advisories change
Contact us if you want to use EigenAlerts immediately; you can be up and running in a day if you have data in standard cat model or spreadsheet format.
Not a subscriber, but want to see how this works? Contact us and we’ll set up a free trial to show you how EigenPrism helps you plan, monitor and respond to nat cat events.