Hurricane Dorian quick links for August 31
Hurricane Dorian is now forecast to slow down and turn northward off the east coast of Florida early next week, with Georgia and the Carolinas at risk of landfall by mid-week.
Currently a category 4 storm with winds of 150 mph, Dorian is expected to make landfall in the northwest Bahamas on Sunday.
Both the Bahamas and the east coast of Florida can expect high winds, heavy rainfall and damaging storm surge.
Quick links – shown below – provide EigenPrism users with direct, one-click access to the footprints as of today’s date. These links are time-dependent, please check the Event News section of the EigenPrism home page for daily updates.
- Quick Link – for tropical storm force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours as of 8/31
- Quick Link – for hurricane force wind probabilities for the next 120 hours as of 8/31
- Quick Link – forecast wind swath (Advisory 29A)
- Quick Link – 5-day forecast maximum winds as of 8/31
- Quick Link – Day 3 excessive rainfall outlook valid from 9/02 – 9/03
Assessing the impact
EigenAlerts provide automated notifications via email and text message with key metrics to estimate impact:
- Customized and mobile enabled
- Updated as forecasts and advisories change
Contact us if you want to use EigenAlerts immediately; you can be up and running in a day if you have data in standard cat model or spreadsheet format.
Not a subscriber, but want to see how this works? Contact us and we’ll set up a free trial to show you how EigenPrism helps you plan, monitor and respond to nat cat events.