Data driven decisions for COVID-19
Now that growth of COVID-19 cases is starting to slow, the priority has shifted from social distancing to re-opening the economy in different geographies in a controlled manner.
To assist our clients in making their own data-driven decisions, a new event set is now available in EigenPrism, showing the number of daily new confirmed coronavirus cases per capita for each county (averaged over the past 7 days to smooth out daily fluctuations).
As reference, reputed modelers such as the IMHE have suggested using a threshold of 1 infection per million to begin easing social distancing restrictions, while avoiding a resurgence of infections via active case detection and contact tracing.
There are now 4 coronavirus event sets with US county-level data available in EigenPrism – confirmed cases, confirmed cases per capita, new cases growth factor, and average daily new cases per capita.
Regardless of what threshold is used for reopening, these maps provide a consistent basis for evaluating relative risk between counties.
Using the new event set:
- Under real-time event catalog, find ‘Avg Daily New Cases per Capita by US county‘ event set.
- Counties shown in yellow, have 1 – 10 confirmed coronavirus cases per million. Whereas, areas with no color, have less than 1 case per million. (The daily average taken over the last 7 days is the value.)
Users can also view the the US county level maps in the impact summary report:
- Generate the impact summary report
- or, search for “SAMPLE Coronavirus Impact Summary – US County Maps” on the EigenPrism home page, then click Manage > Copy to select your workspace and save with your own exposure.
Please note, as report templates are frequently updated, you can refresh the report by changing the Analysis Date. See instructions here.
Manage Pandemic Risk in Real-Time
To assess the pandemic risk, apply the geospatial layers over a schedule or portfolio of insured locations, or a listing of employees. The footprints are available for use in EigenAlerts, EigenProfile Impact Summary reports, and in Exposure Analytics for complete analysis.
- Daily updates
- Users can set Alerts for notifications (and view in the mobile app)
- Intensity value represents number of confirmed cases by best available resolution
Note: The reported confirmed cases are at the country, state/province & county level since 22nd Jan. Also, the reported resolution is of the highest level wherever possible.
Available to all in the EigenPrism free trial
This new event set is available to all in the EigenPrism free trial. Simply go to our login page and create a new account with your company email address. Please contact us if you can’t login and we will set up a free trial account for you.