3 Pacific windstorms threaten Hawaii, Japan, Korea
There are 3 major storms currently active in the Pacific:
- A hurricane watch has been issued for the Hawaiian islands as the forecasted track for Hurricane Lane, now a Category 4 storm, is curving north.
- Typhoon Soulik is equivalent to a Category 3 hurricane with maximum sustained winds; the 72 hour forecast wind swath shows it passing to the south of Japan and then curving over the Korean peninsula.
- The 72 hour forecast wind swath for Typhoon Cimaron shows a more direct path through central Japan.
Our data partner Metcon provided the following discussion for Hurricane Lane:
According to the Central Pacific Hurricane Center, Hurricane Lane is a powerful category 4 storm that is moving to the west at 9 Kts.
Hurricane Lane is forecast to slowly weaken the next 24 hours to 36 hours and move more north-northwesterly, missing the Hawaiian Islands just to the west according to the current track (forecast track is not certain and confidence is less certain than normal). Hurricane Lane is a rare strong hurricane in the middle Pacific Ocean and hurricane watches are in place for southern locations of Maui and Hawaii, where Tropical Storm wind gusts are forecast with possible category 1 wind gusts along the immediate coast and just inland.
Assessing the impact
Hurricane alert notifications that allow custom thresholds will result in targeted information sent when you need it, helping reduce the noise and producing actionable analytics. EigenPrism allows users to select the perils most applicable to their exposure sets, and then set customized thresholds for each peril and exposure set Alert. Thresholds can be set using a variety of metrics, including number of assets, impacted values, ground up loss, and damage factors. The result is smart Alerts that assess the impact for you,
- EigenAlerts provide automated notifications with key metrics to estimate impact
- Customized and mobile enabled
- Updated as forecasts and advisories change
Arrange a live demo
Not a subscriber, but want to see how this works? Contact us and we’ll set up a live demo to show you how EigenPrism helps you plan, monitor and respond to nat cat events.